Tuesday, November 9, 2010

IKEA Explorations

Will and I have been slowly decorating our apartment these last couple of months. I have been trying to make a lot of our house decor. We got to go to IKEA last weekend in Atlanta which can be an overwhelming ordeal at times. After weaving through all the display rooms and dodging people we managed to finish in record time. Much to our excitement there were cinnamon rolls waiting for us at the finish line.  Along with 2 hotdogs, chips, and a drink for $2 (we were hungry,it had been a stressful shopping rampage).  I found a great rug for twenty bucks but when i got home i decided it was missing something.  Side Note:The draw back about a place like IKEA is everything is mass produced so i was left feeling like a number had been stamped on my forehead and i had been placed neatly in a box.  I decided to give our new rug a little spice. I sewed buttons to some of the flowers and it gave it a nice artistic feel. I love taking something great and adding a piece of me.


2 comments: