Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Tradition 1- Baking Christmas Sweets

One of my very favorite memories at Christmas time is baking with my mom. We spent all day in the kitchen baking various goodies that we would nibble on through the Christmas holidays. I always loved being in the kitchen as a kid, but often I was a bit messy. Thank goodness being neat was never a concern on Christmas baking day. As I was making these cookies I wished so badly I could go back to being a kid in that kitchen with my mom if only for a moment, but I suppose the memories will have to do. The peppermint cookies we made were always my favorite so I would like to share them with you.



Wax paper is ideal but we were out.
The soft peppermint is the easiest to crush.

The hour sitting time in the fridge is important
or the dough won't be stiff enough

Yum enjoy!

Ingredients

2/3 cup of shortening
3/4 cup of sugar
1 teaspoons vanilla
1 egg
4 teaspoons of milk
2 cups of flour
3 peppermint sticks crushed

let dough sit in refrigerator for 1 hour

Bake 375 for 8-10 minutes

1 comment: