Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I LOVE NEW ORLEANS! I have visited this fine city in the past but I have only been to the touristy parts. We stayed with a friend of a friend and got to experience New Orleans like a local. We were in the uptown area off of Magazine St. We spent our weekend walking to all the parades and eating at local restaurants. If any of you know me well you know that I cherish celebration. I don't mean "yeah let's get drunk and throw up." I mean laughing, eating, and dancing. New Orleans is like getting all the celebrators together and letting them lose.

There are so many charming qualities that draw me in. I am in love with all the buildings and the unique feel of the city. The unusual European-style buildings, the uneven cobble stone streets, the colorful shutters hung from each window, the sound of music everywhere (I could go on). There is such a strong sense of culture and tradition. Maybe that is why I am so fond of this Cajun Cutie. Here are a few of the pictures. I forgot my camera battery so they are limited. I will try and get more from my friend.







2 comments:

  1. I don't mean to blog stalk and comment on every post, but I HAVE to comment on this one too! :)
    I had a good friend move to New Orleans after graduate school - I had never been and drove over to visit. I fell in LOVE - mostly for the same reasons as you. you MUST visit the city with a local and do all of the local things. I've visited so many times and I can even really imagine myself living there. It definitely gets in your blood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hands down, one of the best birthday weekends ever. Well done, sweet wife.

    ReplyDelete