Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Weekend Wrapup


The conference was very informative and draining. We got to see downtown Chapel Hill where UNC is located, but we weren't able to see much of the Durham/Raleigh area. On the way home I picked up a few books at the airport. I have been interested in reading more classics so I selected The Catcher in the Rye (the cool cover is how I chose my classic).Then I stumbled upon another book Mess: The Manual of Accidents and Mistakes. This book is filled with different exercise like: find a long stick, tape a pen to the end of it, try to draw something holding the far end of the stick.  

"This to me is the purpose of the book: to participate in some situations where you have limited control and venture into territory that you would not normally go with the possibility of creating something completely new and different`than what you might have done before."  Kerri Smith

waiting on our food
I thought this was fun.



Will planted some mint, lavender, tomatoes, and cilantro.
It is official we are composters.

2 comments:

  1. It's official: I just added that Mess book to my list of must-haves. Oh... and that container alone makes me want to compost. I miss you, lilyb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did something very similar with my students at TA! Except we used string on the end of a stick, dipped it in ink and drew our self portrait!

    ReplyDelete