Sunday, August 28, 2011

Ndidzakhala mwuana…


This is Nyanja for we are having a baby. We’re pregnant!!! We told our parents this weekend. I am 14 weeks along and my due date is February 28th. We will be cutting our trip a little shorter than planned. Our plan is to head back to the States at the end of January and deliver in Birmingham. We have a physician here in Lusaka. She is wonderful. I have seen her once already to get an ultrasound. We will go for our next checkout at 20 weeks.

I have been feeling fine. The only time I start to feel sick is if I wait too long to eat. I am not really showing but I can tell that my body is changing. I was relieved to be out of the first trimester. It is becoming more real.

I have decided to take update photos and post them on the blog. Since I am in such a beautiful country I decided that I would make the most of my background. I do wish I could be closer to share this wonderful time, but until I return my blog will have to be our bond. Love you and miss you all.






4 comments:

  1. YAHHHH!!!! i am going to be an aunt again! i can not wait!!!! i love you and tell that baby inside you i love it too!!!!
    lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS! What wonderful and exciting news! So excited for y'all!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! So excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel + Will, so very, very happy for you guys! Hug one another until we can hug you ourselves. I love the background of your pic. What a perfect way to document this season in life. Love you three so much.

    ReplyDelete