Friday, September 14, 2012

Homemade Baby Food- Take 1

We currently have an abundance of butternut squash from our garden. We didn't even plant them they just appeared. It seems that the seeds were in the compost. We have been looking for ways to prepare it. My knowledge of butternut squash before this point was pretty limited. I found various recipes that have turned out to be very delicious. Butternut squash is a stage 1 baby food (who knew foods have stages) so I thought I would give it a try.

It was fairly easy to make. I cut it in half and scooped out the seeds. I placed the squash face down in an inch of water and roasted it for 40 minutes on 400 degrees. I pureed it in the food processor and let it freeze in ice trays. Once they were frozen I put them in a dated ziploc bag.




No comments:

Post a Comment