Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Weekend Wrapup

This weekend was perfect. We laid around and did what we wanted. On Friday afternoon we went to Rojo to celebrate Will's last medical school class EVER. It was pretty great. I know he is so relieved to be done. I can't believe I didn't take a picture. I was disappointed when I thought about it later that evening. After our happy hour celebration we headed to UAB to cheer Mikey on in a 5K race. The weather was perfect. They had a band playing and one girl even puked when she finished. What says racing like vomit?

Mikey's fan club.


He won fastest male in his age group. Yeah!!!

On Saturday we woke up before Vivi which I don't think has ever happened. We laid in bed and read a little. She woke up and we strolled into the kitchen for breakfast. The rest of the day we did very little; we didn't make it out of our pajamas until about 3. We read a little Harry Potter, napped while Viola was taking a snooze, and made lunch. 

After such a relaxing morning and early afternoon we headed to the Art Festival downtown. There were a lot of talented artists, dance performances, and musical talent. It was a great end to the day. 

On Sunday morning we decided to make homemade cinnamon and raisin biscuits. They were delicious. I can't really take credit Will was the one who made these happen I just handed him a few ingredients.



The rest of the day looked a bit like the day before except it rained all day and made being inside even better.

We have been having a hard time getting Vivi to eat veggies. I asked several friends what they did with their children and they all had different answers. However, the one thing they all said was vegetables are hard. One of those friends told me she makes smoothies for her son. She combines vegetables and fruits and he loves them. I was willing to give it a try. It worked!

Strawberry, Banana, and Beet Smoothie is our 1st attempt.

Aren't beets pretty inside.

We roasted the beets which was my first time ever touching a beet.

Then I blended everything else together. I added yogurt and whole milk.
It made so much I froze the rest. She likes them as a slushy too.
We spoon fed it to her but you can also put it in a sippy cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment