Wednesday, November 2, 2011

It could be worse...

In Africa we have had to learn to be more flexible.  This culture runs at a different pace which at points is refreshing, but other times it can be maddening. We rode the bus back from Livingstone a couple of weekends ago. This ride takes anywhere from 5 hour drive by car or 6 or 7 by bus. We boarded the bus at 9:30 in the morning to start our journey back. We were immediately greeted by the 44 degree Celsius heat {for all you Americans out there that is 111 degrees Fahrenheit}. NO humidity just heat but at that point what does it matter. I was determined to stay positive and be flexible. {Side Note:I have been practicing meditation in order to help me not dwell on what I can't change} I looked at Will and said "It could be worse I could have on a sweatsuit." Then I said," your turn." He replied, "For what?" I said, "to make something up so we can get through this trip." Will then says, "it could be worse all the seat bottoms could be gone."  We both cracked up laughing. You know the good kind of laugh where your stomach hurts, you're not sure if you are going to poop your pants or throw up...what is that only me? This went on for a while. As you can imagine the game got more and more ridiculous, but it did help the ride pass quicker. It is the day to day things like this that keep us going when we wish things felt more like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment