Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Bookbinding- How it works

I finally made Vivi's baby book! I am so excited. I have been talking about this book for I don't know how long. It was really easy and didn't take hardly anytime at all. I will do my best to walk you through the process I used. 

I tied my strings to the top screws and ran them through the base to the bottom screws.

Using the strings I marked where I needed to make holes.

I sawed my marks just enough so I could tell where to sew.

I used my awl to make the holes.

I thread my waxed string in the hole.I ran the needle around the red string and back through the same hole.

I did this all the way down and then added another page.

I cut the different color strings and tied the ends together.

I taped it for extra support and then glued it into my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment