Tuesday, January 10, 2012

My First Fondant Experience

My roommate Sydney and I recently got to help one of our co workers, Peggy, who was making a cake for a Christmas party at a local orphanage. I had no experience with fondant before this adventure.  Peggy showed us the ropes and taught us how to mix the colors and make the presents.


Our fondant balls.


Making colors.


The pro at work.

We like to call her creative fingers Syd.

Our handy work.

Our presents.

Peggy's cakes for the party.

Those are some of the prettiest presents I have
ever seen.

I always enjoy exploring new creative avenues, but fondant is a world I may not visit too often. It is very tedious. To all that make fondant cakes like my sister in law I am seriously impressed with your creativity and attention to detail.



1 comment:

  1. ha! i love it! i have a cake to make for a bday party saturday...it is just something you have to get used to...and coloring it can be quite the pain too! did she make the fondant homemade too? I make my own fondant with marshmallows and powdered sugar.

    ReplyDelete